Mr. Chetan R Shah is the Vice Chairman of Marathon Group and has three decades of experience in planning, operations, quality assurance and execution of large real estate projects.
Mr. Shah is a B. Tech in Civil Engineering from IIT Bombay and M.S in Structural Engineering from the Houston University, USA. He values traditional structural concepts as much as the latest cutting-edge technology. He believes that a well-constructed environment creates a better society.
Mr. Shah shows a lot of concern and keen interest in matters affecting society and the community and has served the Lion's movement in various capacities.
Prior to joining business, he has worked in designing and fabricating of offshore oil exploration rigs in 1981.Since 1982, he has been involved as promoter Director of Marathon Group. The Group has delivered homes for more than 5,000 families,retail space for 400 retailers and offices for 350 businesses having completed over 80 projects compromising of high rises,commercial and IT parks,townships and retail. Marathon has over 12 million sq. ft. of land under development and over 1.5 million sq. ft. of business spaces under development.
Project Portfolio Under his strategic leadership, Marathon has consistently innovated its product portfolio and commands commendable reputation across all real estate categories
Iconic Commercial projects in the heart of South Mumbai
- Marathon Futurex, Lower Parel. - Premium Business / IT Spaces building — Phase I of over
5 Lac sq. feet ready for fit out.
- Marathon Icon, Lower Parel— Innovative small business spaces starting from 1500 sq. ft. available for ready possession
Intelligently planned Residential spaces catering to all strata of society with PAN Mumbai presence
- Marathon Nexzone, Panvel- Premium township project spread over 25 acres.
- Monte Vista, Mulund West- Prolifically designed 33-storey, tower which stands amongst the tallest properties in Mulund
- Marathon Nagari, Badlapur - Affordable Township in Badlapur consisting of over 600 flats - constructed and delivered, Marathon Nagari NX of over 500 flats in progress.
- Marathon Nextown, Dombivli— Mini-township of approx. 12 acres
- Marathon Nexworld, Dombivli - Township of approx. 100 acres
Awards & Accolades
Under his stellar leadership Marathon Group and its various projects have been honoured with multiple awards, namely-
- "Best Urban Design and Master Planning"-2004, by Construction Source India for successful implementation of innovative design that fosters walk-to-work culture at NextGen campus, Lower Parel.
- "Best Commercial Project of the Year"- 2006-07, by Accommodation Times for Marathon NextGen Innova.
- "Excellent Interior Design"- 2010, Economic Times (ACETECH 2010) (Premium Segment) for Marathon NextGen Era, Lower Parel.
- As per the group's objective of implementing cutting edge technology and green living concepts; Marathon Futurex has also acquired TEED India Gold precertification by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC)
CSR—Progressive yet rooted to the needs of the society
Keenly conscious of its social responsibility, under the leadership of Mr. Shah, the Marathon Group has undertaken housing development for the earthquake-affected people of Latur in Marathwada region of Maharashtra and also at Bhujpur (Kutch) in Gujarat.
As part of the Group's CSR mandate, Marathon actively runs campaign on "Career Council Guidance" for young and aspiring students, who have completed their higher secondary and school education.