HIGHLIGHT OF INTEREST FREE LOAN SCHEME UNDER “SEED”
- We provide interest free loans to deserving and meritorious students to pursue higher studies after graduation
- Application in prescribed form to be submitted during April to July each year
- Applicant should have obtained 60% or more marks in SSC and thereafter.
- Applicants should have arranged at least 50% of total study expenses.
- Maximum amount of interest free loan is Rs. 2 Lacs
JATF INTEREST FREE LOAN UNDER “SEED”
(Students Empowering Education and Development)
Jito Administrative Training Foundation (JATF) intends to provide financial assistance to needy and deserving students for their higher studies after graduation and for some professional courses under its scheme “SEED” as interest free Loans.
At present maximum of Rs 2 Lakh is provided to one student.
All applications received upto 31st July of each year are scrutinised and if considered eligible, students are called for personal interview. The SEED Committee takes the interview during June to Aug every year and decide the amount of financial assistance to the applicant. Decision of SEED Committee or JATF is final, undisputed and not to be challenged anywhere.
The Salient features of SEED scheme is as under (w e f 01-04-2018):
A. Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant should be a follower of Jain principles.
- Students up to 30 years of age can apply.
- Students having sought admission for pursuing Post Graduation Course in an Educational Institute / College/ University whether in India or abroad.
The award of the loan is subject to securing admission.
- SEED Committee may also consider loan for certain Professional Courses where graduation is not compulsory.
- Student should have secured 60% or more marks or equivalent to that in all the Board/College/University examination commencing from Std 10th and onward.
- Student should have arranged at least 50% of funds required for course expenses.
B. Application Procedure
- Applications for the JATF Interest free Loan scheme under “SEED” are invited from 1st day of April for each academic year.
- Application Form can be downloaded from the website www.jatf.in.
- The Application Form with all relevant documents must reach to JATF Head Office at Mumbai latest by 31st July of that year.
- Application should be in JATF prescribed Form and it should be duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- Application is Free of cost.
- All required documents should be self attested.
- All applications received are acknowledged by JATF and shortcoming of documents are informed by email.
- Applicant must bear the cost of submission of application and attending the interviews. JATF will not reimburse any type of expenses in this regard.
C. Supporting Documents :
- Copy of the admission letter(s) from the Educational Institute/College.
- Copy of result of GRE, TOFEL, GMAT, IELTS or any other pre admission exam, if student is going abroad for higher education).
- Statement of the course fee and any other financial document
(this would include any other letter indicating the receipt of a scholarship, other source of funding, fee waiver etc.).
- Mark sheets of Std 10th and onwards till last course completed.
- One passport size photograph, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Latest Electricity Bill,Birth Certificate,School Leaving Certificate.
- Latest Income Tax Returns / Income proof of both parents (self, if any).
- Certificate of being Jain follower.
- Recommendation from any JATF Patron Member or JITO Chapters/JITO CP/FCP/Patron Member is compulsory.
D. Selection Procedure:
- All applications will be verified at JATF. All shortlisted candidates will be informed to attend interview. Interviews are held in the month of June to August in one or more tranche.
- Interview schedule will be informed to all eligible applicants on registered email and/or mobile numbers.
- Any parent or guardian or close relative of student can attend the interview if students had to leave for study by the time the interview is scheduled.
- Students are informed by email for loan sanctioned to them by SEED Committee.
- Maximum amount of interest free loan under SEED is Rs 2 Lakh per student per course.
- Successful applicants have to file an affidavit (in JATF prescribed format), and have to deliver postdated cheques as repayment of loan.
- Students going abroad for higher studies must submit their fee receipt, visa and immigration certificate before disbursement of loan.
E. Repayment of Loan:
- Financial assistance has to be considered as interest free loan which is repayable.
- Full amount of loan has to be repaid within one year from (i) completion of course or (ii) from the date he start earning or (iii) when he get an employment, whichever is earlier.
- If the loan is not paid as above than 15% per annum interest will be charged on outstanding amount after completion of one year.
- Repayment can be done in one or more instalments but within one year.
- Application under SEED is accepted only for once during the course period.
- All beneficiary under SEED have to compulsorily submit a progress report of his course, mark sheets etc to JATF Head Office every six months.
- All beneficiary must inform JATF for change of address, contact number, email ID, college, course etc immediately as and when it occurs.
- On/after completion of course applicants should promptly furnish all relevant details of his job/employment/business to JATF office.
- JATF SEED Committee is final authority to decide the amount of interest free loan on the basis of merit and relevant information of applicant and circumstances of each case.
- Decision of JATF SEED Committee shall be final and binding to all applicants and cannot be disputed or challenged anywhere.
- JATF Scholarship team reserves the right tochange/modify/discontinue/rework/delay the scheme without any notice.
- Students can avail benefit from JATF either under “SEED” or “JELP” i.e. students cannot apply for both the schemes for same course.