Mr. Vishwas Jain is first generation entrepreneur started his own consulting practice soon after his graduation in civil engineering. He is the founder and managing Director of Consulting Engineers Group Ltd., more popularly known as CEG which is one of the largest transports infrastructure consulting organization in the country with employment of over 1200 Engineers and Scientist working in 48 offices in India and Abroad.
He is also founder of CEG Test House and Research Center Pvt. Ltd, providing laboratory testing services for Construction Materials, Food, Drugs, Surgical items, Water, Waste Water, Environment, Cosmetics, Agri Products etc. CEGTH is also a leading service provider in Geotechnical investigations and Non-Destructive Testing. Under his guidance, both CEG and CEGTH have been the recipients of national awards and recognitions. Mr. Vishwas Jain an avid traveler and has visited 26 countries and participated in various business meetings and conferences.
He is able to establish a family owned organization as well managed professionally run organization of International repute with his management capabilities. He is well-versed strategic planning and financial management and have remined key player in the growth of CEG group of companies.
With his leadership qualities and entrepreneurial skills, he raised CEG group of companies at global level. He is responsible for creating world class working environment in his companies where he always gave emphasis to skill development and capacity building. Under his leadership, his company has delivered many iconic projects in the country and abroad. He believes in people development and creating leaders for tomorrow. His companies are regularly involved in providing training to students at UG and PG level for various institutes including IIM, IIT, NIT and other institutes. He is a known civil engineering technocrat in the country and as worked extensively in the field of transportation, quality control and Geo-technical investigation.
- B.E.(Civil) from Malviya Regional Engineering College (presently MNIT), Jaipur in 1983.
- Passed AMIE (Architecture) exams from the Institution of Engineers in 1986 Date of Birth : 1st March 1962
Consulting Engineers Group Ltd (CEG), May 1984 till date
Consulting Engineers Ltd., more popularly known as CEG, is a world leader in infrastructure consulting from inception to commissioning and Operation and Maintenance. CEG provides consulting services for Roads, Bridges, Rail, Metro, Airports, Water Resources and Asset Management etc. CEG provides consulting services for feasibility studies, detailed engineering, Construction supervision, Project management, Independent engineer, Lenders
Engineer, Asset Management, Road safety Audits, Training, Capacity Building, Environmental Impact studies etc. Under his guidance, CEG has flourished exponentially and has become a benchmark in terms of delivery and quality. His expertise in varied fields have led him and CEG to work on prestigious projects funded by World bank, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, JICA etc.
Presently responsible for providing consulting services to projects with aggregate cost of more than ₹125 lac Crores in India and abroad. Some of the illustrious projects includes:
General Consultancy for Mumbai and Pune metro Projects, Design of Bangalore LRT and metro rail, Design and Supervision of Eastern peripheral Expressway around Delhi, Supervision of 10.5 km long flyover in Bangalore, Navi Mumbai Airport, Dwarka Expressway, Varsova Creek bridge Mumbai etc. With his persevere and conviction, CEG’s success story has not been limited to the Indian sub-continent, but has rather made a mark on an international level. CEG has executed projects in Ethiopia, Bangladesh, UK, Australia, Mozambique, Uganda, Liberia, Ghana , Zambia, Gabon and Kazakhstan.
Chairman and Director
CEG Test House and Research center Pvt. Ltd, May 2005 till date CEG Test House And Research Centre Pvt. Ltd. (CEGTH) is an NABL accredited as per
ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and BIS recognized independent Material testing, Quality Control, Food & Agriculture testing and Environmental testing laboratory. CEGTH is also specialized in Geo- technical investigation and NDT testing services and is a subsidiary of Consulting Engineers Group Ltd. Proudly proclaimed as first of its kind in the private sector, CEGTH was established by Mr. Jain as part of the business strategy to expand in different sectors and provide quality testing services in the country.
Director on Board
Rajasthan Financial Corporation (Govt. of Rajasthan) Sept 2012 –August 2015t This organization was established by the Government of Rajasthan with the aim of providing long term financial support to the tiny, small and medium scale industries in the state of Rajasthan. His virtue of imbibing knowledge led him to be one of the key member of implementing the Government’s Young Entrepreneurs’ Promotion Scheme in the state.
Chairman (Northern Region) Sept 2015 till Sept 2020
Consulting Engineers Association of India.
Consulting Engineers Association of India (CEAI) is an apex body of Consulting Engineers in India that represents the majority of Consulting Engineers. CEAI is the Member Association from India representing the Indian engineering consultancy profession at the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC). He has been appointed as the Chairman of the Northern Region of India.
President April2014-Sept 2014 Alumni association of
Malviya National Institute of Technology , Jaipur
Awards and Accolades
- Award from Municipal Council, Jaipur for special contribution to Jaipur city in 2000
- Second Prize for Excellence in Consultancy Services to CEG, Year 2007 from the Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- State level Excellency award by Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce & Industry for the year 2008. This award was conferred on him by Ex – Vice President, Honorable Bhairon Singh Shekhawat .
- Rajasthan State award for Energy Conservation 2011 in building sector conferred by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan Honorable Mr. Ashok Gehlot.
- National MSME award for excellent performance in MSME sector to CEGTH by Ministry of Micro small and Medium enterprises in the presence of Honorable Prime Minister of India. Dr Manmohan Singh in 2012
- Rajeev Gandhi National Quality award by BIS, Ministry of Consumer Affairs as a special recognition to organizations that contribute significantly towards the quality movement of India for year 2013 conferred by Honorable Mr. Ram Vilas Paswan.
- Leaders of Tomorrow award by ET Now , Times Group 2017
- CEG is ranked number one organization for two consecutive years 2018 and 2019 by Dun and Bradstreet in India in MSME sector.
- Was member of various committees of Indian Road Congress to frame specification on roads anin d Bridges.
- Member of drafting committee of 10th and 11th Five Year Plan on development for PWD, Government of Rajasthan.
- Member of committee on behalf of Government of Rajasthan for drafting National Transport policy.
- Establishing first testing laboratory in the Private sector in Rajasthan
- Consulting turnover of group exceeded ₹150 Crore last financial year.
- Have delivered several technical lectures to field engineers in Staff Training Institute, Rajasthan.
- Directly responsible for many iconic projects in the country
About Family :
His Wife, Dr Renu Jain, served as Reader (Associate Professor), Department of Civil Engineering, MNIT, Jaipur. She is presently working as Managing Director, CEG Test House and Research Center Pvt Ltd. and Sri Kushal Suri Engineering Services Pvt Ltd.
He has two daughters, both are Civil Engineering Graduates from UK and post graduates in Management from UK and involved in family business.