Mr. Motilal Oswal is the Chairman and Managing Director of Motilal Oswal Financial Services Ltd. (MOFSL). He is a Chartered Accountant and started the business along with co-promoter, Mr. Raamdeo Agrawal in 1987. Under their leadership, MOFS group has grown from a small sub-brokerage in 1987 to India’s leading and well respected Financial Services Company. The group has its presence in Retail Broking, Institutional Equities, Investment Banking, Wealth Management, Private Equity and Asset Management. MOFSL is also discussed as a case study in Harvard Business School USA for its growth and sound business practices.
MOFSL has been awarded following awards and accolades:
- Best Performing Equity Broker (National) Award at CNBC TV18 Financial Advisor Awards 2010
- Awards in 3 out of 4 categories of Starmine India Broker Rankings 2009 from Thomson Reuters
- 1 Broker Award in the ET Now – StarMine Analyst Awards 2009.
- Best IT User Award (2008) for the Financial Services Category by NASSCOM – CNBC TV18
- “The Best Franchisee in Financial Services” by Franchisee World Magazine for two consecutive years.
- Two awards for Excellence in HR by ASIA’S BEST EMPLOYER BRAND AWARDS 2011 at Singapore.
For his exemplary work and contribution to the capital markets, Mr Oswal has been felicitated with several awards and accolades including:
- Rajasthan Ratna Manav Seva Award by Manav Seva Trust
- Special Contribution to Indian Capital Market Award by Zee Business
- Excellent Business Achiever in Financial Services Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Knight of the Millennium for the Capital Market by Indian Council of Management Executives
- The Hall of Fame for excellence in Franchising by the Franchising World Magazine
- Champion of Arthshastra by the Rotary club
Mr. Oswal has also received the Rashtriya Sanman Patra awarded by the Government of India for being amongst the highest income tax payers in the country for a period of 5 years from FY95–FY99.
Mr. Oswal has served on the governing board of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) as well as IMC and also has served on many committees of BSE, NSE, SEBI and CDSL.
Mr. Oswal is associated with various social organization and the details are as follows:
- He is a Board Member & President of Jain International Trade Organization (JITO)
- Vice president of JITO Administrative Training Foundation (JATF)
- Former Chairman of JITO Education Loan Programme (JELP)
- Major donor as well as a Trustee of “Agarwal-Oswal Chhatravas” of Rajasthan Vidyarthi Griha.