INDUSTRIALIST AND SOCIAL EDUCATIONIST
Vision of life – March with excellence and mould that next generation entrepreneurs to be world-class, integrated, innovative, efficient, effective with values Contact address – Tel 91-44-43446700, Fax 91-44-22350924, Email : email@example.com
Personal Profile: Mr S Abhaya Kumar, second son of Late. Shri Sankarlal Jain and Late Smt. Sundarbai, was born on 23rd Decembefr 1953 at Chennai. His father migrated from Rajasthan to Chennai in early 20th century and made his business in Chennai and rouse to be an eminent business man and founded SHASUN group and was instrumental in starting many educational institutions and was keenly involved in social welfare of the community in particular and society in general.
Academic Profile: A chemical engineering graduate from Madras University. Besides this, he has been trained in various skill sets by internationally acclaimed trainers.
Professional Profile: Industrialist and social educationalist for over three and half decades.
Presently the position held as professional
- Executive Director – Styrides Shasun Ltd
- Vice Chairman – Life cell International Pvt. Ltd.
- Director – Visionary RCM Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
- Director – General Optics Ltd
- Chief Donor and Promoter – Sri Shankarlal Sundar Bai Shasun Jain College for Women
- Secretary General – Sri Swethambar Sthnakvasi Jain Educational Society
- Secretary – Param Shanti Nilayam
Innovative Profile: His creative, innovative and going beyond urge made him come out with many pioneering works.
Plays integral role in product development activities.
- Being the founder and the growth of SHASUN to a $500 million company with strength of about 5000 dedicated employees with manufacturing facilities in India, UK., Africa and Australia.
- He pioneered the concept of Cord Blood Stem Cell banking in India under the name “LiceCell” a company offering Comprehensive approach in the field of Stem Cells as one stop shop solution in stem cells. Under Life Cell, Mr. Abhaya Kumar brought the concept of point of care stem cell enrichment by use of Harvest Technology product. This medical device is approved by the DCGI for point of care treatment for Autologous stem cells for therapies.
- His venture into visual effects and animation for Movies attracted Hollywood film makers and block bustefr movies like Spiderman series Men in black series visual effects were done in Chennai. This eventually was bought over by Sony Pictures Images works world wide
- His encouragement to start ups entrepreneurial is well known and invest in highly technical & advanced technologies.
Corporate Profile: His corporate has a very collaborative and collective participation in many social, commercial, and corporate institutes at present he is a
- Member – Academic Council of Anna University
- Finance Controller & Advisor – Exnora International
- Former Chairperson Chennai Zone – Confederation of Indian Industry
- Former Vice President –Bilk Drug Manufacturers Association
- Former Secretary – Madras Management Association
Interactive Profile: He participated and interacted with great industrialists in international conferences, round table conferences and panel discussions both in Indian and abroad. His Significant Contributions and Valuable Involvements were highlighted in the following areas –
- Self driven analyst to new exceptional business ideas/initiatives undertakes new challenges that require problem solving, divergent thinking, using skills in the areas of people, communication, market research, strategic planning and marketing strategies in support of business goals and objectives.
- Successfully defining the business plans, strategies & generation of innovation ideas.
- Planning and carrying out regional market research and analysis related of Life science and help society newer means of treatment.
- Competitors Intelligence and Business development.
- Maintaining outstanding Public Relations.
- Develops global business relationship and alliances for product development, licensing and product sale.
- Increase Shareholders value – solid revenue base from development and manufacturing with good profit margins and sustainable growth.
- Develop Human Capital leading to continuous innovation by overseeing the process of recruitments and retention of employees thus ensuring that individuals are developed, succession planning techniques adopted, taking the organization to the next level.
- Nurturing the different business relations or a company and making it the most sought after amongst customers and suppliers.
- Reporting of vital information on the company’s overall growth performance to the company’s Board of Directors.
- Safeguard health and wealth of the entire organization.
- Chief Advisor & Chief Patron – Exnora International – Chief Advisor of the Exnora International a very large people’s movement working for the cause of environment.
- JITO Apex Director – Jain International Trade Organisation
- Founder – Secretary, Paramashanti Nilayam – Paramashanti Nilayam an organization involved in cleaning, beatifying and maintaining Burial Grounds and Crematoria. Kannamapet Burial Ground. T Nagar under his able leadership has become one of the best in India, with Electric Burner, prayer Hall, Fuel Shop, Hearse Van, Trees Garden, Toilets both Rooms, 24 hours Security service, Compost pit etc.
- President Rajasthani Jain Rajasthani Cosmo Club in Chennai and under its banner started a “Gaj Bhar Gapda” scheme to collect and clothes, repair, waste distribute to needy people. In times of disaster management the cloth goes out and helps people. They also now give new school uniforms to various needy schools.
Sports Profile: His interest are in Horse riding, flying, Rowing, cricket and Golf.
Collateral Profile: He is very good in collateral activities and participates in many developmental and aesthetic activities. He encourages both performing and non performing arts along with liberal arts. He himself is a good singer and plays guitar. His interest in liberal arts, he has introduced many aesthetic arts in the college.
Achievement Profile: He achieved many accolades and awards. Some of them are –
- “Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award hosted by the Ernst & young in 2003, awards for his achievement to years of Outstanding Leadership Devotion.
- “TIE” – The Indus entrepreneurs Award, Chennai Chapter in 2008 awards for his ability to help healthcare industry, Guide New Field Entrepreneur to Lifecell in 2008.
- “CII (Southern Region) – Confederation of Indian Industry’s 101 Entrepreneurs from Tamilnadu (2008)” – His listing / Identifies his Exemplary Leadership and Selfless acts of Time and Dedication.
- “The Rajasthan Association” and Rotary Club of Madras South West during 2009” awarded “Rajasthan Shree” and for the sake of honour for his attentive attachment to outstanding services to Society / Fellowship / Industries etc.,
- The Southern India Rajasthani Chamber of Commerce (SIRCCI) 2012 awarded SIRCCI Business Award for his proven business excellence.
- Rasa Udyog Ratna Award (2012) the sixth year award received by him for his distinguished services to chemical industries by chemical industries Association, Chennai.
Philanthropic Profile: He is a constant contributor of educational and social issues. He works for he empowerment of women and started the college for women with this concept.
Inspiring Profile: He is the inspirer of youth and constantly works for the upliftment of downtrodden and encourages next generation male and female with equal commitment. He worked with youngsters in setting up-
- Dispensaries are set in the areas of production facilities with several / regular / periodical health sessions / seminars check up programs are conducted to support mass with adequate financial support from the organization’s trust.
- Various doctors are tied in for assistance to conduct Mass health care checkups / camps.
- Administering Param Shanti Nilayam operations and maintenance.
- Environment Protection: Plays active role as chief advisor and patron in Exnora International.
- Emanate new business opportunities to the nest generation and as well develop 100 entrepreneurs in his life time of which 26 completed.
- Spend considerable amount of time and enjoy with grand children thuis deriving more energies for newer thoughts and energies.
Family Profile And proud of them for their support and love:
- Married to Usha, and blessed with two sons and one daughter. (Mayur, Deepak and Kashmira).
- Daughter Ms. Kashmira Proprietor, Velocity, Chennai an involved mother and wife. She is married to Mr. Ambrish Damani.
- Elder Son Mr. Mayur Abhaya – Managing Director & CEO of Lifecell International Pvt. Ltd. Chennai and his wife Taru is a home maker.
- Younger Son Mr. Deepak Abhaya – Managing Director – Nutra specialisties Pvt Ltd., Chennai and his wife Vibha is a home maker.
- Blessed with Five Grandchildren (4 grandsons & 1 granddaughter).